A new independent candidate has launched his campaign to represent Lothian voters at Holyrood. Ken O’Neill is standing on the Lothians region list for election at May’s Scottish Parliament elections. He is offering a different view and seeking to bring grown up behaviour to Scottish politics.
Ken O’Neill said:
For too long, politics has stayed in the playground, relying on name calling and prejudices to decide on whether policies are the best for the country. I want to see the Scottish Parliament start acting in a responsible and co-operative manner, leaving behind the tribal politics of old.
If elected, I would offer a different view, providing a new independent voice in the Parliament that would seek to protect the Lothians’ best interests. I would:
- defend and support Scotland’s public sector;
- ensure the promotion of Lothians’ needs;
- listen to what the voters have to say on issues;
- promote the Parliament and make it transparent; and
- donate a three figure sum from my monthly MSP salary to a local charity.
Ken O’Neill will launch his manifesto later in the week where he will set out his beliefs and proposals for Holyrood’s next session.
You can also contact Ken and learn how to follow his campaign on the Contact Me section.